After running a mid-sized PR consultancy for many years, I have now downsized and work as a one-man band personally handling a very small group of clients.
Green Distillation Technologies
This is an Australian start-up with world first technology that recycles old tyres into oil, carbon and the steel reinforcing and beading. It is a perfect fit with the client direction that I am now pursuing. I have also been successful in helping them to tell their story nationally and internationally for more than five years with one story, about using their oil from recycled tyres to successfully power diesel engines, getting 23 million hits on Facebook around the world.
GDT COO Trevor Bayley, has this to say:
Dennis Rutzou is such a professional with what he does!
Hi. If you Google “Tire Recycling” and GDTC will appear at the top of the list. For a company of our size, that is no mean feat. We have had stories published on every continent. We had tried interest from all over the globe and we are recognized as leader in our field of endeavor.
This is a no small way attributable to Dennis. He is persistent, imaginative, diligent and thorough. He wants a story a week. And if that bothers you, don’t worry. Every conversation with him produces at least one story. His broad range of contacts in the worlds media made that our stories get read and more often they’re not published. He also manages our social media activity with the same enthusiasm and purpose.
If you want your story to get out, Dennis is the man who can do it.
Listen to the actual voice testimonial from GDT
Sample Media Releases for Green Distillation Technologies
- 3 June 2020 – Traction News: Tire recycler, GDT sees international growth despite COVID-19 pandemic
- 20 April 2020 – Tyre & Rubber Recycling: GTD Progressing in the US Market
- 10 March 2020 – Rubber & Plastics News: MTAQ invests in Australian tire recycler
- 29 January 2020 – Government News: Tyre recycler up for international award
- 10 January 2020 – Tire Business: Australian tire recycler secures funding for plants in U.S.
- 27 November 2019 – Tire Technology International: GDT aims to plug gap in Australia’s tire recycling capacity
- 1 November 2019 – Stuff: Marlborough Firm CarbonScape Signs Up To Convert Old Tyres Into Graphite
- 16 October 2019 – Tire Technology International: New technology turns carbon from recycled tires into graphite
- 14 October 2019 – AU Manufacturing: Trans-Tasman Collaboration Aims To Make High-Purity Graphite From Old Tyres
- 14 October 2019 – Tyres & Parts News: Green Distillation Technologies Finalizes USD 50 Million Deal to Establish Tire Recycling Plants in South Africa
- 14 October 2019 – Recycling International: South Africa invests in tyre tech from Down Under
- 12 September 2019 – Daily Liberal: Green Distribution Technologies tyre recycling plant calls out for Dubbo schools
- 9 August 2019 – Inside Waste: Tyre recycler conducts first trials of US heat to energy technology
- 3 June 2019 – ABC News Western Plains: Recycling plant gains environmental approval to give end-of-road tyres new life as oil, steel and carbon
- 30 May 2019 – The Chronicle: Approval for hi-tech tyre recycling plant at Wellcamp (note that this is a paid subscribers site)
- 28 May 2019 – Inside Waste: Tyre recycling facilities to grow Qld and NSW economy, and minimise waste
Mouth & Foot Painting Artists
I have worked with this client since the mid-80s, in fact my association with people with a disability dates back to when I worked as a PR consultant to Melbourne’s Austin Hospital when they operated the only spinal unit in Australia. My work extends to New Zealand and I hope that my admiration for these artistically talented and courageous people shows in the work I do for them.
MFPA member and international board member Grant Sharman:
Dennis is a perfect representation of us!
I first became an artist with the Mouth and Foot Painting Artist in 1981 and for as long as I can remember being part of this organization has included having Dennis Rutzou from Dennis Rutzou Public Relations as the person I would speak to, that something was happening in the world of my art. To be fair, back in those days, not a lot was going on, but nevertheless I would get requests to see information about anything I did as I became more established within the organization, especially after becoming a full member in 1988.
My relationship with Dennis and his company grew to far more regular contact. Apart from Dennis has extensive knowledge and experience with all things public relations. One of the qualities I admire most about him is his tenacity and relentless pursuit of stories to tell. Dennis is constantly emailing and calling both myself and other artists looking for stories or opportunities to showcase our association. I need to add patience as another quality given our often very slick response time. Nevertheless, he keeps looking for different angles and ways to promote us.
Listen to the actual voice testimonial from MFPA
Sample Media Releases for Mouth & Foot Painting Artists
- 6 May 2020 – Bendigo and New Zealand mouth painting artists come together for card range
- 6 May 2020 – ‘Coastal Poppies’ is a painting by New Zealand mouth painting artist in international greeting card range
- 6 May 2020 – Bendigo mouth painting artist also has a writing talent
- 17 April 2020 – Cars as art: Grant Sharman, despite a debilitating rugby injury became a painter of classic cars: Read article here
This is an interview with the artist Grant Sharman conducted by David Brown from Driven Media. Driven Media specialises in motoring and transport issues including a weekly radio program and podcast “Overdrive” featuring news from Australia & around the world, road tests, feature interviews, and quirky stories.
- 16 April 2019 – Mouth painter Simon Rigg has worked recognised by Mouth and Foot Painting Artist Group: Read article here
- 28 February 2019 – Six-wheel-drive wheelchair developed by Northland artist ‘non-disabling’ for users: Read article here